Differences Between Orthodontic and Dentists

Differences Between Orthodontic and Dentists
Health & Medicine

Some people who have problems with teeth are sometimes confused about choosing dentist or orthodontists. Both are experts about teeth, but what’s the difference? Why is the name different? Let’s recognize the difference below.

Dentists are practically similar to general practitioners. Meanwhile, orthodontists are dentists who have specialized in orthodontics. Orthodontics is a field of dentistry that specifically studies the aesthetics of the position of teeth, jaws, and face. So, orthodontics will focus on how to improve the position of the teeth and ensure that the jaw is aligned properly so it is not interfering the structure of the face. This is very important to make sure you can chew or speak properly. Otherwise, there are various other problems that can arise such as gingivitis, cavities, the very rapid buildup of dental plaque. Actually, this specialist in the field of dentistry is not just orthodontists, there are many other specialists in the field of dental health.

If you need to fix your teeth, you should go to orthodontics. For example, if you have a messy tooth position, you should go to orthodontics. Orthodontists will provide solutions using wire, Invisalign (a technique for tidying teeth using special clear plastic, without wire), or other techniques. Actually, it doesn’t matter if you tidy your teeth by coming to the dentist, but maybe the treatment will be different when you go to orthodontics. Whether it’s treatment techniques and treatment options.

If you experience problems with your teeth and oral cavities, such as tooth decay or holes, you can go to the dentist. You should also do a routine examination every six months to the dentist to do scaling and cleaning teeth. Scaling with routine is important so that your teeth and gums are always clean, there are no corals and plaques that accumulate. Even visiting a dentist regularly or at least once in six months must be done since childhood. While if you only feel certain symptoms in your teeth or mouth, you can come and consult a dentist. If indeed the problem you are experiencing requires further treatment and treatment, then the dentist will refer you to a specialist.